Today the Victorian government announced their Circular Economy Package – ‘Recycle Victoria, A new economy’. This 10 year plan to cut pollution and boost economic growth and jobs lays out the government’s response to the states waste management crisis which has been punctuated by deadly waste stockpile fires and a collapsed recycling sector, exacerbated by the federal government’s decision to ban waste exports.
- New scientific report reveals toxic and hazardous chemicals in plastic food packaging.
- Victoria’s new Circular Economy Package paves the way for waste incineration across the state
- NTN calls on government to open waste policy to greater engagement
- New international law to protect vulnerable countries from waste dumping
- Waste management giant Cleanaway goes up in smoke
- New report warns of public health impacts from waste incineration
- Nordic regulatory framework and its effect on waste prevention
- Australian waste export ban signals green light for dangerous waste incineration industry.