Today the Victorian government announced their Circular Economy Package – ‘Recycle Victoria, A new economy’. This 10 year plan to cut pollution and boost economic growth and jobs lays out the government’s response to the states waste management crisis which has been punctuated by deadly waste stockpile fires and a collapsed recycling sector, exacerbated by the federal government’s decision to ban waste exports.
- Federal Recycling and Waste Reduction Bill approved today
- South East Asian Regional groups condemn Australia’s stealthy waste export plans
- New Federal Law green lights plastic waste export for burning.
- Fifteen London deaths caused by emissions and particulates annually, new report finds
- Toxic Additives in Plastics: Hidden Health Hazards Linked to Common Plastic Products
- The threat of incineration in Australia – Presentation
- New scientific report reveals toxic and hazardous chemicals in plastic food packaging.
- Victoria’s new Circular Economy Package paves the way for waste incineration across the state