Today the Victorian government announced their Circular Economy Package – ‘Recycle Victoria, A new economy’. This 10 year plan to cut pollution and boost economic growth and jobs lays out the government’s response to the states waste management crisis which has been punctuated by deadly waste stockpile fires and a collapsed recycling sector, exacerbated by the federal government’s decision to ban waste exports.
- What happened to Australia’s Waste Export Ban? Are we still dumping in Thailand?
- New report reveals that climate and health impacts of waste incinerators are worse than landfill: Find out more here
- Jo Immig says that proponents of waste-to-energy technologies don’t like the word incinerator. ‘It conjures up Dickensian images with chimney stacks belching out sooty pollution. While modern incinerator flue emissions might look “cleaner” they release some of the deadliest pollutants known. https://www.echo.net.au/2021/10/does-casino-want-to-live-with-a-thermal-waste-solution/
- NSW incinerator plan is smoke and mirrors – more pollution inevitable
- Federal Recycling and Waste Reduction Bill approved today
- South East Asian Regional groups condemn Australia’s stealthy waste export plans
- New Federal Law green lights plastic waste export for burning.
- Fifteen London deaths caused by emissions and particulates annually, new report finds