The Australian government’s much touted Recycling and Waste Reduction Bill which will be debated in the Senate next Monday 9th November establishes a legal framework to repackage Australia’s plastic waste as fuel and send it to poor countries to burn. It also subsidises industries that process plastic waste into ‘fuels’ to burn in cement kilns andincinerators in Australia.
- Federal Recycling and Waste Reduction Bill approved today
- South East Asian Regional groups condemn Australia’s stealthy waste export plans
- New Federal Law green lights plastic waste export for burning.
- Fifteen London deaths caused by emissions and particulates annually, new report finds
- Toxic Additives in Plastics: Hidden Health Hazards Linked to Common Plastic Products
- The threat of incineration in Australia – Presentation
- New scientific report reveals toxic and hazardous chemicals in plastic food packaging.
- Victoria’s new Circular Economy Package paves the way for waste incineration across the state