This week the Australian State Environment Ministers and the Federal Environment Minister will be meeting at the COAG to discuss the ‘Australian waste recycling crisis’. We need to take this opportunity to remind them of the globally recognised dangers and risks involved in establishing a waste to energy incineration industry in Australia. Read the Open Letter By the National Toxic Network here.
- The threat of incineration in Australia – Presentation
- New scientific report reveals toxic and hazardous chemicals in plastic food packaging.
- Victoria’s new Circular Economy Package paves the way for waste incineration across the state
- NTN calls on government to open waste policy to greater engagement
- New international law to protect vulnerable countries from waste dumping
- Waste management giant Cleanaway goes up in smoke
- New report warns of public health impacts from waste incineration
- Nordic regulatory framework and its effect on waste prevention