This week the Australian State Environment Ministers and the Federal Environment Minister will be meeting at the COAG to discuss the ‘Australian waste recycling crisis’. We need to take this opportunity to remind them of the globally recognised dangers and risks involved in establishing a waste to energy incineration industry in Australia. Read the Open Letter By the National Toxic Network here.
- New report warns of public health impacts from waste incineration
- Nordic regulatory framework and its effect on waste prevention
- Australian waste export ban signals green light for dangerous waste incineration industry.
- Exposed! Australia’s waste dumping in Philippines and Asia Pacific region must end
- Western Sydney mega ‘waste-to-energy’ incinerator rejected
- World Environment Day 5th of June 2018: A global consensus call to stop waste to energy incineration in Australia.
- A Consensus Statement: Zero Waste solutions for Australia – not waste incineration
- New Materials Recovery Facility proposed for the ACT