This week the Australian State Environment Ministers and the Federal Environment Minister will be meeting at the COAG to discuss the ‘Australian waste recycling crisis’. We need to take this opportunity to remind them of the globally recognised dangers and risks involved in establishing a waste to energy incineration industry in Australia. Read the Open Letter By the National Toxic Network here.
- What happened to Australia’s Waste Export Ban? Are we still dumping in Thailand?
- New report reveals that climate and health impacts of waste incinerators are worse than landfill: Find out more here
- Jo Immig says that proponents of waste-to-energy technologies don’t like the word incinerator. ‘It conjures up Dickensian images with chimney stacks belching out sooty pollution. While modern incinerator flue emissions might look “cleaner” they release some of the deadliest pollutants known. https://www.echo.net.au/2021/10/does-casino-want-to-live-with-a-thermal-waste-solution/
- NSW incinerator plan is smoke and mirrors – more pollution inevitable
- Federal Recycling and Waste Reduction Bill approved today
- South East Asian Regional groups condemn Australia’s stealthy waste export plans
- New Federal Law green lights plastic waste export for burning.
- Fifteen London deaths caused by emissions and particulates annually, new report finds